Nuffnang Ads

Sunday 17 July 2016

A Family Day Trip to Bagan Lalang  Gold Coast

The past weekend was a long one. On Saturday we decided to go to Gold Coast to find out what it is about after we have heard so much about it. After checking with some friends, all but one has ever been there. Even then, the feedback was not that encouraging. Since we had never been there, there was nothing to lose. After doing some simple research online, I roughly knew where we wanted to go: what to see, what to do and where to have lunch.
After we were done with our snack, we continued our journey to Sepang Gold Coast. It is another 10 minutes drive south of Tanjung Sepat. Upon reaching our final destination, I only realized that Sepang Gold Coast is the name of a resort in Bagan Lalang. What this means is these two places (Bagan Lalang and SGC) are sharing the same location/beach and the place is called Bagan Lalang.
We went to Sepang Gold Coast. This is Gold Coast of Malaysia not Australia’s Gold Coast. SGC has some water villas (arranged in a gigantic palm tree shape) for sale. It is still under construction and only open to public this May or June.
Why they use the name Gold Coast is beyond my understanding. As if there are no other better names that can reflect local identity.
Sorry I digress… Back to the beach.
To be frank, as I have found out from my friend, the beach is not fantastic to my standard. It is muddy and you won’t find fine, powderish sand there. It is far from that. Nevertheless, it is still better than nothing.
Despite all that, the three kids that I took along enjoyed the beach very much. So much so that we could have our “adult time” for an uninterrupted 30 minutes.
That showed how much the kids enjoyed the beach no matter what I think of it.

Food, Food, Food

After washing up in SGC, we were ready to have our late lunch at 3pm in Tanjung Sepat. Why Tanjung Sepat? Because there are not many eateries in Bagan Lalang and I read in one of the blogs that the blogger went to Tanjung Sepat for seafood. So I took her advice to complete our day trip with a seafood lunch at Restoran Hong Seng (on the blogger’s recommendation) – a sea front restaurant on Jalan Tepi Pantai.
We ordered five dishes: steamed fish, fried baby squids, fried prawns with oatmeal, veggie, and hot plate tofu. I like the fish and prawns. The squids were too soggy and not crunchy enough. The bill came to about 85 bucks which I think is reasonable. As you may now know, the town is famous among tourists for its food. I might go to Tanjung Sepat again for Ah Hock’s Bak Kut Teh and others.

Final Thoughts

The trip was awesome. I got to enjoy my drive and explorations of two new towns: Tanjung Sepat (which led me to the discovery of Tanjung Sepat’s pau) and Bagan Lalang. For the kids, they got the chance to enjoy the beach. Simply perfect!
If you are looking for ideas on where to go on weekends with your children, put this as one of your destinations.

No comments:

Post a Comment